Monday, May 11, 2009

One last surge of Grace - Part 2

I paused. Another memory flashed by. Not all was bad.

This memory came and comforted me.

"I was now a man. How I became a man? I was a follower. I followed, I questioned and I was rebuked for my persistence. But, they were pleased. They knew how young and inexperienced I was. They did not judge me or left me alone by the side of the road. They took me up and nurtured me. They cared and molded me into the person who I am today. The reason why I am here and in the line of fire is because they had entrusted me to continue with The Faith."

I closed my eyes. With this memory, my will and strength came back.

One last effort I told myself. One last surge of grace.

I looked directly in front of me and heard a loud booming voice shouted an order. It was all blur to me now. I had accepted my fate. I had run my course. I looked my brother and instantly he knew what will happen next.

Suddenly, it was all pitch black. The time is now close. Tears were dripping in my eyes. Every tear that fell on the ground gave me strength. I guess this must be how the apostles/saints must have felt when they stood with their head high as they held fast their FAITH before they were shot or hanged. Proud and strong till death.

And so, in the depths of my heart, I prayed to My True God,

Abba Father, Here I stand before the Courts of Men. They had misjudged me and had mistreated me. But, I kept my word!. I had served your people. I had fed them, sheltered them and protected them. Yet, they rejected me. They had abandoned me when I need them most. However, if one soul today is to be save because of my sacrifice, I am humbly accept my defeat. Let your Will be done as You have said.

Then with one last surge of will, I shouted “Father, if I or mankind had offended you, please forgive us!”

Heard click! And snap. Sound of the rifle cocking up too aim.

A loud Voice shouted Fire!

For a moment there I thought of the time when we stood together as friends in the hall of unbelievers, proclaiming Your Word proudly.....

- THE END -

THE MORAL OF THE STORY

WHEN ALL FAILS IN LIFE, ONLY YOUR FAITH IN GOD'S LOVE IS YOUR STRENGTH!

Long house boy - Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment