Friday, August 28, 2009

Blogging and the fascination of reading about people's thoughts and life

I wonder what is the point of blogging. What is blogging? When I first heard that I thought it was some computer game or just some slang for let say studying or reading.

According to our infamous Wikipedia online, they state the following;

A blog (a contraction of the term "weblog")[1] is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.

Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketches (sketchblog), videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Micro-blogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts."

I still don't see why the fascination in Blogging. I find when i read other people's blog, (not stalking by the way), it seemed that blog entries are to them like creating a short story of their daily activities. Some sort of diary entry but for public viewing. Gone were the days when siblings will get into trouble in reading the other's diary entries, where secrets or crushes or embarassing events were known to kept in private.

Now, everyone in the whole world will know what you are up to. Similar to Facebooking or Twitter. Thank goodness I don't have Twitter. Don't want to try and don't want to know. Heard Twittering, you actually get to know what the other people are smsing. Scary thought when people are actually checking up on you, like for example parents over their teenage children or people in relationships.

I find facebooking for me is good enough at this stage. I dont want some high fancy program to scan for me when i am out and about in the city, with my friends or with my 'date'.

Come on people give us some privacy here! Ignorance is bliss!

So, reading about people's thoughts. Do you think its like counselling therapy? Oh, I know what you are thinking? You must be feeling this or that. Here, let me tell you what You must think or do. Or oh really, i didnt know that..... I don't know. I guess everyone have their own style of blogging. I am more expressive, one narrator, finding meaning behind the object or words I use to describe an event in my life. I like to put general objects i.e. rain/spider web and twist it around and make it have dual meaning.

One way to shoo away potential stalkers or gossipers that might bump into my blog entry.

Also, there is political blogs, multimedia blogs, corporate blogs and so on. They are too sophiscated for one like myself.

I think I just stick to the old personal blog. I have no dreams of getting myself into a political heat fight or worst been kicked out from my home country.

No comments:

Post a Comment