Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My 500 days of summer blurb

Ah! after watching this not your ordinary love story where boy meets girl, I found myself wandering about my own not your ordinary love story. I was fascinated how the director had placed an equivalent amount of days and specified the season of how the movie should be set.
500 days and season of summer, after a rejuvenating sleep, I woke up still wondering why 500 days.

A friend asked me last me last night, when will the love story start? On the 300th day?
I ponder her question for a minute as I review in my mind what I have seen in previous motion slide and came up with an answer. I responded saying that yes on the 300th day. I didn’t know why I knew that answer straight away. I think because from my past experiences, Friendship comes first then Love then marriage. So, with my gathered assumption, Love always come somewhere in the middle. So, in the context of the movie, Love came in around 250th to 300th day. So, I respond with the answer to her.

Yes, that is where the love story begin.

So, we continue watching the movie. Slowly, I was watching my own personal love story in my mind as I watching this movie. I saw myself as the main character, Tom and my other friend, Summer. At first, like the main character, I vowed not to love any girl because of my past hurtful experience. I had also trustful friends who knew my past and had always discussed about having a relationships. But, I never believed in all we said as it was just random stories that we shared.

Then, on one sunny summer day (Day no. 1, a girl came into my life. I never notice her at first but she caught my attention. She was like someone who bring life to the room. Whenever she walked, people will notice her. She was different from anyone I had met. I couldn’t stop looking at her. I liked her smile, her brown eyes and the way she talks and giggle at the same time. (Day no. 30 – 35)

I was brought up by my parents to believe in love at first sight and it is fate that boy and girl are meant for each other. When I saw my Summer, I felt I had met my true love before I even met with her. When she was alone, I noticed her that she didn’t know anyone in the room and talked to her. I began to call her at night just to hear her voice and wanting to know how her day was. We laughed and we argued about silly things. When she fell ill, I took time to nurture her. I was happy and I couldn’t stop talking about her. I shared my feelings with my trusted friends telling her what Summer and I had chatted the night before or couple seconds ago. Day goes by, I spend time getting to know her. I became attracted to her and I begun to ask her if she would like to go out for lunch with my trusted friends. (DAY 100 – 150)

Day 246, I realise I am falling in love with her. She didn’t know that. I didn’t want to tell her that I was in love with her because I don’t want to spoil my friendship with her. I consulted my brother and he told me it’s all up to girl, if they like you the same way it’s good, they have to accept your love before you can go forward. With this in mind, I set out to ask her if she had the same feelings for me.

Day 295 – 300, I confimed that I was in love with her. She was in my thoughts and I can’t get take my mind off her.

Day 447, plan was set. I did not consult my trusted friends. I wanted to do it with my own sincere way.

Day 449, I initiate my plan

Day 451, I asked my friend out. My plan was to declare my love for her after the date.

Day 451 ½, I was dumbfounded. She wanted to us to be friends. So, I agreed.

Day 458, We went out and had a nice time chatting over a cuppa of chocolate.

Day 463, She felt distant to me. I tried doing what I did on Day 30 – 35) but nothing seemed to be working to bring that feeling back again. I felt that it could be my fault that she is felt so far apart. So, I began to distance myself to let her recover. But, I changed my mind and quickly get her attention back.

Day 469, She is not talking to me now. I don’t see her anymore. Whenever I see her, it was just like we are friends. The feeling I felt before was not there anymore.

Day 480, I decided to try one more time to show my love for her. I consulted her friend and they began to reveal the truth why she had reacted the way she did. Like the part when movie went to Split section, Expectations and Reality. I had my expectations to high and now Reality had crashed on me.

Day 488, I went for my friend’s function but I stormed out with frustration and anguish because of the truth.

Day 489, I didn’t have any mood to wake up

Day 490, I didn’t want to wake up but slept

Day 491, I decided to move on and pursue what I really missed when I was not with her. I began training

Day 499, I saw her again but this time I pushed all notions of feelings. She gave me the same look when we first met. But, I did not take any notice of it

Day 500, I am back to my normal life. Chasing after my dreams and working towards my goals

Day 501, I had dinner with my friends and I saw someone in my group that caught my eye. We just chat for a couple of minute or so and I realise that we have so much in common. Type of studies, hobbies and past time.

Her name was not Autumn as the movie had portrayed when Tom met with Autumn but to me nevertheless, this person was my Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment