Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Having a great time

Today, we just ended another praise worship practice session with a high note. I was coordinating the songs as usual with my constant reminder the time and the title of the songs we need to look or refresh. But, it was done in a jovial mood. 

People came to practice with tired heart, body and mind and came out with warm tingling feeling that keeps them pump up for our actualy performance in 2 weeks time. We got through most of the songs pretty quickly just enough of time to have a 5 minute break of food and drinks. I wonder this what is like to be in a youth band. Practice and fellowship and practice. But, I like it a lot. I wish I can be better that leading a praise and worship group and really put myself in front and be total in control. Time will tell and more prayer and reflection is needed. 

So our next practice will be this Saturday at the hall where we will perform live with many audiences. I do hope all our nerves and butterflies will settle down after we have seen the hall and had sang in the hall to hear how the acoustic hall works. It would be exciting for everyone. I am anticipating the moment I step into the Hall. I wonder what I will feel. Is this for real? This is it? Its game on. We are going to do it finally. 

We had a dose of reality when the CCR newsletter has been passed around in our practice session. We had our name of our band on the newsletter. Everyone eyes lit up. This is it. It is now on pen and paper and here is our goal we are aiming for and I felt that it is right and good. I believe we can do this. Prayer and more prayer is all we need now. 

Till our next practice this saturday, I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers to ask our Provider to grant us good health, good food and good rest before our performance.

Long house boy - signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment