Monday, October 26, 2009

Ralph theory: The Health signpost

On one early cool Saturday morning, after a restless sleep the night before, I woke up with a buzz in my head. It isnt any parasite or some unfortunate bee got stuck in my ear. It felt warm and fuzzy. The closest sensation that could describe this feeling is the day before the last paper of my finals. I was anticipating but yet nervous. My heart was pumping a million miles as I got ready for the long day ahead.

I had to stop by Bunnings before the real event start. When I arrive there, it wasnt open yet. I scratch my head and wonder why. So, I checked the opening time details on the door. Opening hours on Saturday is from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm. I was 30 minutes early. hmm.. I should have checked properly before leaving the house this morning. But, nevertheless, I waited in my car till 8am. Soon, the shop opened and I rushed to get everything ready.

I left Bunnings at around 8.30am to meet up with my good friend in the city at 9am. While I was driving to city, my mind was moving back and forth, pacing like caged jaguar. I still havent made my decisions yet. I need to see it for myself and get to know how it will respond to me. On and on this kept repeating in my head not knowingly, I was 5 minutes away from my friend's place. So, I pick up my mobile phone and dialed a number. "Hie, are you ready yet? I'm downstairs now?". "Yes, give me couple more minutes and I'll be down" the voice in the phone replied.

So, I waited. While I was waiting, I pulled down the driver seat and closed my eyes. Couple minutes later, at the corner of my eye, I saw my friend pacing down the road. We greeted each other and proceed to my destination. We stopped by a bakery shop first as we were early and the place was not open until 9 am. I had sausage roll and it was very nice. My friend had meat pie and commented it was better than the home made pie in QueenVictoria Market.

Off, we went to the place. The place was not far from my work place in North Melbourne. I parked the car and walked into the main entrance. As we approached the entrance, there were already many people gathering around with their furry friends. Some were sitting down, Some were passing through, Others were in a enclosed ring engrossed with lessons been taught by their teacher. We paused for a moment to watch the lesson being taught. We commented about how well the furry friends reacted and how cute they are.

Then, we continue to meet with IT. We passed one door and another door and saw this huge compound with several blocks. The block that we meant to go is  Block C. We saw a directional arrow to Block C and followed the direction where the arrow is pointing. I was trying not to show that I was excited for this big day but I really want to catch the glimpse of IT. Around we went to each dorms commenting, observing and touching each furry ones. When we arrived at IT's dorm, we stopped and kneeled down to say hello. Before, I even reached the dorm's gate, IT and I made the first eye contact. We had that eye contact before Saturday, but today was more special than any other day.

I stepped away for the purpose to observe how he will react with other people. A lady with her children came over and say Hello and she greeted IT. IT didnt show much enthusiasm about the lady compare when I first greeted IT. Then, its like a confirmation that IT had chosen me and I had chosen IT. But, I had still need to make the final destination. No one could help. Not even my good friend. My friend said, "Just pray about it" and I did. After praying, a felt the sense of calmness and confidence. Feeling this, I accepted my decision. I walked into the reception and I told the receptionist that I would like to take IT home and that I will not be changing IT's name but keep IT's name as Ralph.

Brief introduction of who is Ralph.
Ralph aka cross between Pug/King Charles Cavalier aka Pugalier.

He is a medium size dog with a curl tail with a bull dog look on his face but without the slobber or saliva from the mouth. He is all tan with white patches down his chest, starting from his chin to his under belly. I did not observe his eyes but from where I was, it looks shiny, alert and healthy.

His personality is one of calmness, playfulness and cheekiness. He doesn't bark much but he whines or stands on his two hind feet to get your attention. He is a very intelligent dog (amazed how much he knows and how fast he can pick up)

Soon after, application papers and forms were filled up and signed. The vet nurse then came and gave a talk on pet's care and what's not. I did not pay much attention as I was very much excited to finally decide to get a dog after a month of research and pondering.

As the title state " Change of Life and routine". Now, my life is filled with early morning and evening 30 mins walks, hugs, doggy hair on my shirt/trousers, smell of doggy poo in the morning and early rest. I would say it will take some get used to but I can see it will be benefit both me and Ralph as I am taking one more step to my dream goal to be healthy mind,body and spirit.

Hopefully, I will meet someone soon who have the same interest in life and animals as I am so we can build on the partnership that I had already began to unravel together through God's guidance and light and with God's love and his Holy Sacrament of Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment